四虎影视

St Mary鈥檚 is a Catholic College for girls, established by the Presentation Sisters on its present site in Harrington Street in 1868.

In 1866, perceiving a great need in the fledgling colony for spiritual guidance, Bishop Daniel Murphy arranged for the Mother Superior of the Presentation Order (who happened to be his own sister), to travel from Ireland to bring Nano Nagle鈥檚 mission to far-off Hobart Town.

On 3 February 1868, the little school of Mount St Mary鈥檚 (as we were then known) received its first pupils. The fine sandstone convent was designed 鈥榯o sit astride a grassy rise鈥 by the convict architect, Henry Hunter.

The College was dedicated to Mary, Mother of Divine Providence. The importance that we still attach to this dedication is reflected in the words on the College badge, Mary Our Mother.

A respected and flourishing educational institution, St Mary鈥檚 College has nurtured the spiritual, cultural, academic and sporting lives of many thousands of students in three different centuries.

2018 marked the 150th anniversary of the opening of St Mary鈥檚 College, with all members of the College community helping us celebrate the occasion through a number of events during the year. View the highlights here.

SEE FOOTER 四虎影视

SMC Toolbox

Groving our love of learning

四虎影视 is located on the traditional lands of the muwinina people of the South East Nation. We acknowledge and deeply respect the palawa people, the Tasmanian Aboriginal Community, and all Elders past and present. We are committed to learning alongside our students and community in this place, nipaluna, and support the continued sharing of knowledge and culture.